Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I say Grace.

When I was 8 years old I begged Jesus to come into my life. Literally I got down on my knees and pleaded that he would save me.

At this age, did I truly understand what he was saving me from? At the tender age of 8 did I understand the commitment that I was undertaking?

Maybe I will never be able to answer these questions. What I do know is that night when I knelt down I couldn't wait to talk to this man Jesus. My heart pounded so hard that I just knew when I opened my eyes it would be laying on the floor. Can you imagine something feeling that urgent especially to an 8 year old?

Another question:

Have you ever met someone famous? I have.
It was an experience I will never forget. I got such a rush. I couldn't even speak. The guy had to ask me if I would like a picture with him! For the first time in my life I was speechless. Literally.

One more question:

Have you ever read a book that made you have an emotional reaction? Example, Twilight caused millions of people to have an obsession.

To my 8 year old self, this book was the Bible, and the famous person was Jesus.
I know these feelings still apply and yet they feel dulled.

Truth: If I saw Jesus right now in this moment I would be speechless. But it shouldn't be that I would need to see him to be speechless. I should be in constant awe of the power and love of Jesus.


What does this boil down to?
1. I feel lukewarm and I hate it.
2. I should read the Bible so that it will become my renewed obsession.
3. I should be what I seem to be to others around me.
4. I crave to be that 8 year old with that simple understanding.

1 comment:

  1. Best Post ever, I've felt every single one of these feelings. The great news is that growth comes from feelings like this and that the word of God does not return void. Love you my sister.

    ReplyDelete