Friday, August 8, 2014

Mommy

My mom, sister and I have this habit of discussing habits...
We talk about how my dad and brother sit at the table the exact same way. That my sister is a little more self contained, my mom is very truthful, and I am very outgoing.
During one of these discussions we decided that my mom is a mom. My sister is a Mama. And I will be a Mommy.
All these words mean the same thing: but to me they make me picture slightly different people. I picture my mom as a sweet, caring person, who doesn't let anything get passed her. She will tell you the truth even the hard truths. My sister (Mama): exciting, creative, protective, wonderful. Then there's me (Mommy) Overly caring, almost sugary sweet, happy. All great things to be.
I was hanging out with one of my closest friends tonight. She knew I was having a hard time last night. My little time of sadness was hard to get over. I'm not completely over it but I don't feel an overwhelming amount of melancholy. last night was overwhelming. During this overwhelming time I was texting my friend. She came over today with a smoothie...I also failed to mention this friend is a 17 year old so for her to be that sweet and concerned about me...that says a lot. Either way we were together for most of the day. When she left me, she told me "You're going to be a great mom one day"
I crave that day.
Eden, You're going to be a great mommy one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment