Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wedding magazines, Gilmore Girls, and Wedding Bell Blues

Today (ok so technically yesterday) was the Monday of my spring break. It has been filled with nothing but time with my Favorite cousin/best friend, creepy oil changing dudes, Gilmore Girls, and Wedding magazines! What a perfect day :) well except for the creepiness.

Part of my night was going to Publix with my cousin. When we were there I went to the deli and got a DELICIOUS chicken tender sub. My friend, Melissa, works there and she is recently engaged. My cousin Lacy, is also engaged, the girl at the deli that was talking to Melissa was engaged. The other girl working in the Deli got engaged yesterday. Finally the boy working in the Deli is getting engaged tomorrow! All the left hand rings! On all the left hands..

I have looked at a ginormous number of wedding magazines, a pile, a plethora, a cornucopia if you will. All within the last 5 or 6 hours.

Let's just say that now have the Wedding Bell Blues.But I am so thankful for this day!

Now everyone, I realize that I am very young but I still can't wait to call a certain someone my husband. To have my very own left hand ring. To be the one not only dreaming of wedding planning but getting married myself. For the last 2 years I have been wishing and hoping and thinking and praying, planning and dreaming (subtle song reference there) of my wedding. It stems from my sister's recent wedding and the fact that my best friend/cousin got engaged a year ago on Christmas. (Did I mention my cousin and I are the same age...just a few days apart?! I don't guess that's too relevant)

Who is my certain someone? The man in the suit at the end of the aisle? Well let me tell you about who I hope it will be...His name is William. He is Christian, handsome, kind, respectful, piano playing, awesome guy...Did I mention he is hot?! Because he is! Tall, dark hair, green eyes... Oh the butterflies :)


That's him by the way...Hot right?!

I would love to know how to describe exactly how I feel but I have no words... Good thing someone else did... Hehe..

The best way I can describe it is the lyrics of one of my favorite songs ever! It's name is Wedding Bell Blues..It goes a little something like this:


Bill, I love you so, I always will
I look at you and see the passion eyes of May
Oh, but am I ever gonna see my wedding day?

Come on and marry me Bill!
I got the wedding bell blues
Please marry me Bill!

If you want a song to groove to then please look up this song It's by The 5th Dimensions. It's the best!

I don't want all of you to think I am not having a blast dating because I am!!! It was just the day today made me excited, or maybe antsy would be a better term! I am extremely happy where I am, I cherish these times. It was just the magazines and the rings....They would get any girl feeling this way. Right ladies??! Right. It was just the left hand rings..They'll make you crazy.

1 comment:

  1. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

    JK, it's cute. Just a sister thing, haha!

    I definately know the left hand dreaming feeling, and I must say being engaged and married is pretty darn SWEET!! I totally love it, and I can't wait to help you plan your wedding too!

    My students would also like to thank you for this post because after reading it, I have been singing Wedding Bell Blues, outloud, all morning.

    Actual conversation:
    Me at my computer: "BILL, i love you so. I always will."

    My students: Laughing "You are so Weird!"

    Then I call them out for picking their noses and make the stand in their chair and sing it alone.

    TAKE THAT!

    Ok, not really, but that would be funny!

    ReplyDelete